Oxford Maths: Maths Ready Teacher Book Year 2 (FS)
$49.99 inc GST
Building student confidence and bridging the gaps to success
Overcoming maths anxiety
Many adults readily acknowledge that they do not like maths, suffer from ‘maths anxiety’ or do not see themselves as competent mathematicians.
This lack of confdence very often starts in primary school. Oxford Maths Ready is designed to support and engage primary students who have
fallen behind in maths, and to help bridge the gap between where they are currently at and the relevant year level curriculum expectations.
The Teacher Handbooks:
– use a developmental approach to build on students’ existing knowledge
– support students to activate their prior knowledge before extending to new concepts and skills
– draw on the sequences of skills identied in the Australian Curriculum: Mathematics and the National Numeracy Learning Progression
– give explicit guidance to help teachers and students focus on key ideas and strategies to enhance mathematical learning
– follow a ‘gradual release of responsibility’ model that encourages students to observe, discuss and engage in hands-on experiences, helping
them work towards becoming independent mathematicians.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS ITEM IS FIRM SALE-NON RETURNABLE